Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thinking of you...


Happy Thursday!  

Just found out some awesome news!  My oldest son will be receiving a football scholarship beginning this fall.  We are all very excited.  He's put in the hours and worked really hard for the recognition.  The extra financial aid will help tremendously and take a huge weight off his shoulders.

I had a little time yesterday evening to work on this little image.  This is Nevaeh from Saturated Canary.  I love this image.  So girly and innocent, but with a flair of naughtiness.  


I colored Nevaeh with my Copic markers.  I wanted to give the image a hint of Springtime, so I decided on pastel yellow and gave her petticoat a greenish tint.  I then cut her out with my oval Nestie and sponged around the edges with some Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in Tea Dye.

The papers are Fancy Pants "It's the Little Things" 6X6 paper pad and coordinating solid cardstock.  I followed the sketch from Graphicat Sketches, but twisted it just a little.  

The ribbon, bling, flowers, and sprigs are from my stash.  The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps Retro Bottle Cap stamp set and coordinating die cut.  I *love* these sets.  Truly makes creating sentiments so easy.

Here's a close up of the senti   ment.  Around the circle it says "sending happy thoughts your way". A little hard to read on the kraft cardstock.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges: 

Saturated Canary:  #14Thinking of you
Graphicat Sketches:  sketch #5
Oozak:  #1 anything goes
Scrapbook Fashionista:  anything goes for girls
The Spotted Chick:  #60 kraft

Hope your day is fantastic!!  Later chicas.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful and beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at Oozak's first challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome love the card and your coloring is da boom...my grils are always saying this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleota this is just stunning..I absolutely love your colouring!! Congrats to you son - how exciting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleota I found your blog through the Saturated Canary challenge Your card is fabulous I like the way you have coloured her and her eyes are amazing , Well done I am Elaine by the way .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiyah Cleota!
    firstly wow and very well done to your sone, what awesome news xx
    and your card is totally stunning hun
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, great image. Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen, fabulous, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW you have coloured her beautifully!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous job with the sketch.Congrats on the scholarship!! Thanks for playing with the Catz at Graphicat Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your son. Great job on the sketch, love your colouring on the image. Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketches.

    ReplyDelete