Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Free 2 be...


Hello!  So glad you could stop by for a visit today.  

The weather has turned cooler here in Tennessee.  Monday it was close to 78 for the high and now we have a freeze warning!!  Are they kidding me?!  I was just getting used to the warm weather.

So, I had a little time to play this morning.  I've been trying to get out of bed when I first open my eyes.  Instead of just laying there for over an hour trying to go back to sleep.  I was noticing that around 2:30pm I was getting tired, droopy eyes and all I wanted to do was take a nap.  So, Monday I started getting up shortly after waking.  And it's helping.

I started working with Thank You from Tiddly Inks yesterday morning.  I just love this image!  Those ponytails are superb!  Thank You is in Tiddly's bargain basement for $2!  


I colored Thank You with my Copic markers.  Then I paper pieced her kimono and obi.  The papers are  from the Basic Grey Oxford 6X6 paper pad.  I absolutely *love* this pad.  The ribbon, flowers, and brads are from my stash.  

The sentiment is computer generated and then cut out with my Whimsy Stamps ticket die with coordinating stamp.  Then I distressed it.  It's offset a little and I'm not exactly sure why.  

Can you see my Oops!?!  I had sponged the edges of the image after I cut it out with my square Nestie and didn't realize I had green ink on my hands!  Great!  I normally would have scrapped the project, but decided to post it anyway, because the papers are just to die for!!

On the inside I followed the outside layout and just put a big rectangle for writing.  I then came back to it and used a new stamp I found in the $1 bin at Michael's.  
I'm entering this card into the following challenges (even though I shouldn't, because of the Oops!):

Tiddly Inks:  photo inspiration w/ a twist on 2 (the umbrella reminded me of an oriental lantern and the green was just speaking to me)
Phiindy's Place:  anything goes

Have a great day chicas!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a cute image! Love her paper pieced kimono :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card Cleota! oops like you said, but it seem's to be the effect you want to give at your card!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh thats gorgeous cleota and I wouldn't of noticed your boo boo at all if you hadn't said, I just thought it looked awesome!!
    thankyou for playing along with the tiddly inkers
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fab card hun thanks for following our sketch challenge at creative craft challenges, if you hadnt have mentioned i would never have noticed your little ooopise lol
    hugs sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card. I love the paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the paper piecing, nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card - lve the purple and green colour scheme thanks for playing along at creative craft challenge - hope we see you back again - and good luck hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning sweetie this is amazing,t hank you for joining us at Tiddly inks this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete