Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've got the blues...


Well, not really.  I've actually been in pretty good spirits lately.  There are times that I seem to struggle, but lately, I'm good.

Today I'd like to share a card I made.  I've had this image, Priscilla from Tiddly Inks for some time now.  I've finally found some time to color her and create a card.  


I colored her with my Copics.  I've see several people use tans and browns and always thought it looked fantastic.  So, I gave that a try on the bustle and bodice of her dress.  It's hard to tell, but I also gave her hair some blue highlights.

  

Then I decided on what paper I would be using before I picked the main color of her dress.  I picked Bo Bunny Welcome Home paper in a 6X6 pad.  Then, based on the sketch I chose, I simply cut the image out in a rectangle and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in Vintage Photo.  

The flowers, twine ribbon and bling are from my stash.  I actually cut the swirly bling from one big swirl to be able to place it in different areas.  I really love these prima flowers with the gold tips.  I think they really accent cards that have an old vintage feel like this one.

On the inside I used the basic layout from the front with the same papers. 
The sentiment is from the Whimsy Stamps bottle cap set with die.  These sets are super easy to use and super quick.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Tiddly Inks:  birthday
Sweet Sketch:  sketch #147
Paper Pretties:  bling
Redneck Rubber:  color challenge
Color Me Creative Challenge:  #39 anything goes
Sugar Creek Hollow:  steampunk - shabby chic / vintage

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I'm headed to watch a Spring Football Game in Chattanooga and see my oldest son.

Later chicas!!

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous!!! I love your image and your coloring is fantastic!! Lovin' the blue and white highlights in her hair!!! Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love your details. Thank you for joining us at CMC challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, beautiful card and lovely colour choice, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is absolutely STUNNING!! I love the distressing & the gorgeous embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. I love your take on the sketch. Beautiful coloring too. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card I love your details!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Round Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloring and the key paper and beautiful roses are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love her blue highlights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiyah cleota!
    hun this is gorgeous, I love blue and brown and I love her blue highlights in her hair!
    Thank you for popping in on the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Celota, your card is just so stunning. Wow the colours are awesome I do love this adorable image from Tiddly Inks. It's such a sweet image and your design papers are just so perfect. Great embellishments they are the most perfect finishing touch to your card. Great job and thanks so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Kathe SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, you are so right about the tans and blues being a perfect match, lovely coloring. I adore that key bg paper and your inside is wonderful.
    So glad you could share with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful details to your card. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@ssw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love how you've colored her hair! Gorgeous creation and thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Cleota and the colour combo is gorgeous! I love those pretty flowers!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks for the Birthday challenge!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  15. You may have the blues... to me it looks like the beautiful blues! Love how the blue dress just pops! Love the vintage feel with the DP and roses. So glad you could join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty card and amazing coloring on that wonderful image. The colors are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cleota what a stunning card I love the way you finish off your cards so beautifully inside and out well done I love your style of crafting and I like this blog and so I am going to follow.
    Great news about your sons Soccer ... Bet you are thrilled . Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen, fabulous, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this time hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete